Website Summit Baptist Church
Job Description Summary
The Associate Pastor is responsible for assisting the Senior Pastor in leading the church, the church organizations, and ministries.
He will work with the Senior Pastor and Deacons:
1. Helping the church in the achievement of its mission.
2. Proclaim the gospel, administer the church ordinances, and exercise ministry responsibilities over the spiritual life of the church.
3. Minister to the church members and youth ministry.
All of the above is under the direction of the Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor will give specific direction to the Associate Pastor as to his areas of direct responsibilities.
Qualifications of all pastors are found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
* Acts in the absence of the Senior Pastor, preaching, receiving ministerial phone calls, overseeing worship services, and other ministerial duties of the Pastor.
* Assists in pastoral duties including but not limited to assisting in the areas of discipleship development, ministry counseling, pastoral care, prayer focus, and efforts as required by the Senior Pastor.
* Shepherd youth program to ensure biblically sound discipleship.
* Be one of the primary points of contact for committee’s and Ministry Team Leaders.
* Areas of responsibility may vary at the discretion of the Senior Pastor.
This position is currently listed as a part-time position. However, with rapid growth within the church this position can turn into a full-time position quickly.
Submit Resumes to:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com